Extra 02 Background (Wall of text)

Go down

Extra 02 Background (Wall of text)

Post by Hard Knocks on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:59 am

Ok, so I've noticed a couple people on here and the IRC who want to complain about their lives, and while I'm not mad at them for it I still wish they would look at what is good in their lives. To help them see I'll put up bits of my history so they can see some people have it worse and can still be happy in life, and if anyone wants to say I'm complaining about my life, I'm not. I've never complained about my life I've just accepted it.

I suppose the best place to start would be where I began, living in a run down apartment in New York up until I was about 7 years old. In the apartment it was always filled with sounds of abuse, smelled like smoke, and every other night it seemed a police officer knocked on our door asking if we knew where some criminal was. I lived as a kid in that pit for 7 years without being allowed outside, streets, parks, schools, anything. My family was ashamed to show me, there was nothing wrong with me but my dad was angry I was born and tied him to my mom, and my mom didn't want to make people think she was raising a kid in such a bad part of town. I was fine though, they kept me alive and I had my books so I knew more then most of the kids in schools probably did and from what little TV I saw on kid shows I always thought school would be the same and I was glad to be able to sit and read my books in peace without puppets screaming at me to play. Thats how my days went, I sat down and read all day until I was 7, then my dad went out drinking at night and something had set him off, probably a drinking buddy mocking him for accidentally having a kid, and by the time he came home he hated my guts more then ever before. So you know what he tried to do? He tried to smother a 7 year old me in his sleep. The only reason I didn't get killed right then is because I had a pencil next to the air mat I slept on so I managed to jab his arm hard enough to get him off me enough to let me run to my mom. Now my mom while she didn't hate me she did hate the fact I had to grow up in a bad place and that I only could read during the day so when I ran to her she kept my dad back and managed to calm him down after a little while. The day after my mom had borrowed money from some family member I never knew and moved me and her down to Florida, where I live today, and left my dad up in New York.

And even now I don't hate my dad, he wasn't a bad guy deep down he was just boozed up and angry. And I have no reason to be sad about anything he did to me because I knew I held him back from what he wanted but there was nothing I could do, I still can't do anything but I'm ok with that. Now onto a short part of my life in Florida, I lived in mild poverty up until I was 9, thats when we took a monetary beating. Something happened and my mom couldn't come up with the money to take care of me anymore, let alone keep me in good health so she chose to abandon me. I wasn't sad about it, I knew she had her reasons and it wasn't until a few years ago did we reconnect and she tell me she ran out of money and knew she couldn't care for me anymore. So what she did was send me off to a child care facility that I can't remember the name of. It wasn't really an orphanage so much as a set foster home. It wasn't bad in the foster home, the people watching over me and my foster siblings were nice, not many fights, and I could still read and go to the library. I was in there for only a year, turns out having blue eyes really helps to get adopted, I was adopted by your typical American couple, dad loved sports, mom cooked and was worrisome. It was good for a long time, to be exact until I turned 14. Then my new dad died of a heart disease while he was at work, the last words he said to me were 'Have a good day at school son'. My mom was crushed for months after and then she met who is now my step dad. Me and him don't get along, I won't lie. He thinks I'm a bastard child and the only time he agrees with me is when I cook for the family or I start on a wood working project. He is a drunkard and tends to stress my mom out which pisses me off.

And you know what? Despite having all the bad happen to me in my life, despite being smothered by my dad, abandoned by my mom, second father's death, and a hateful step dad all coming together to teach me to be a hateful, crusty hearted bastard I can still smile and mean it. It isn't often and I still have issues with rage and almost never act outwardly nice but I'm still happy about my life, because looking back it made me strong, smart, and kind. Even if I scream my head off with every foul word there is and ignore you I've still got your best interest at heart. So please people don't go about letting verbal abuse or bullying get you down. Nothing good can come from it and you can think of people like me who have had their world crushed over and over but still are happy and know that in the end you'll come out on top too. Never let anything in life keep you down friends, always keep looking up.

Wishing you well,
   King Vi
Hard Knocks
True self
True self

Bits : 903

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Posh-Gypsy
Form: Earth mare-Pegasus mare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Extra 02 Background (Wall of text)

Post by Twilight[Tay] on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:51 am

Well, that was painful to read, and I bet it was plenty painful to experience. I am glad I have never had to go that far into abuse, but I think this needs to be said.

Whatever happens, remember that nothing is unrepairable. You may break something, but it can always be fixed. You can shatter yourself, but there will always be a way to bring yourself back. You can always trust in yourself to keep strong. You can't let anything get you down, as you will always have support behind you, whether it is your friends, family, or just sheer willpower. You can survive whatever is thrown at you if you just believe that you can.

-Lunaclipse

Good friends will carry you where money won't go.
Twilight[Tay]
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 976

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Tay
Form: Eevee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleetfoot on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:15 am

*tears up* Vi, you probably can't feel them, but I'm sending you the biggest hugs right now. 

And Lunaclipse, your comment (nothing is unrepairable) is so very encouraging.

Fleetfoot
Wonderbolt
Wonderbolt

Bits : 1270

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name:
Form:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hard Knocks on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:48 am

While I am thankful for condolences, there is no need to put them on here. I put this up as an example for those with supposedly bad lives to see that it isn't all bad when they think about it.
Hard Knocks
True self
True self

Bits : 903

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Posh-Gypsy
Form: Earth mare-Pegasus mare

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content