Newbie with Questions!

Go down

Newbie with Questions!

Post by ZKit on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Hallo everyone!
So I've been at this Rarity hypnosis for about a week now, with consistent listening. Problem is... I keep falling asleep during the hypnosis. 

I just tried it during the day with a high level of success, but still feel like I'm acting a little? Or mostly playing along.

My goals for the hypnosis are mostly to help increase my artistic confidence and push myself to be more of a Rarity type-A personality. (I'm really in between Pinkie and Rarity but I'm tired of being considered annoying and immature.)

My questions:
1) Does looping or listening to the track so anything for long term effects? Or does it just give me weird dreams?
2) Do you feel groggy after doing hypnosis? I've always noticed I feel a little "stuck" in my head afterwards.
ZKit

Bits : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie with Questions!

Post by Lyra Heartstrings on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Welcome to these forums, I'm Lyra MK I and I'm sane

Looping the files will make your chances of succeeding in hypnosis higher and though it mainly gives you dreams, it also helps you by making you go further into hypnosis and it works even better than when you're awake because your mind is in a half defenceless, semi concious state.

And feeling stuck in your head means that you've achieved a trance really well and the file should run its effects

'Cause in my eyes you're the king of your world
Look down, there's your pants, your legs, your feet
You're the only single person in control
Of your life, of your reality
'Cause in my eyes we are the kings of our worlds
Tristam- Kings
Lyra Heartstrings
Lyra
Lyra

Bits : 1318
Location : In Cloudsdale somehow. Sometimes on a bench with Bon Bon

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Scootaloo] {Lyra} |Rarity|
Form: Pegasus and Unicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Shard on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Hallo Zkit and welcome to the forum.

Acting along with the files adds extra strenght to the suggestion. And is therefor not a problem.
You will find you will need to rely on it less and less over time.

Now for the first question. The effects of the files stay aslong you actively work with them. Only if you stop focussing on the changes and stop listening to the files, they will diminish over time. 

As for the second, generally i feel like Twiligh Sparkle after a session, but she does feel like she just woke up or something like that. I think this mostly depends on the depth of the trance you were in at that time.

True self

Bits : 1655

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Wolf
Form: A wolf. Occasionally a pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Hello and welcome! :D

All your questions have already been answered previously so Imma just say hi and give you a big *hug* ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:52 pm

ZKit wrote:Hallo everyone!
So I've been at this Rarity hypnosis for about a week now, with consistent listening. Problem is... I keep falling asleep during the hypnosis. 

I just tried it during the day with a high level of success, but still feel like I'm acting a little? Or mostly playing along.

My goals for the hypnosis are mostly to help increase my artistic confidence and push myself to be more of a Rarity type-A personality. (I'm really in between Pinkie and Rarity but I'm tired of being considered annoying and immature.)

My questions:
1) Does looping or listening to the track so anything for long term effects? Or does it just give me weird dreams?
2) Do you feel groggy after doing hypnosis? I've always noticed I feel a little "stuck" in my head afterwards.

Rule #2' It's never "Just my imagination" this applies to self-doubt like thinkin' yer just actin' the part. It's an effect, and a sucess. never doubt yerself!

as fer yer questions;
1. Lotsa ponies believe this ta be the 'most efficent' way to do sessions, as it'd cram multiple listens in  to one sittin'. It CAN be effective, but it works differently fer everypony.

2. Ah've usually waking up from trance rested and relaxed, like i had woken up on mah own. as fer the 'stuck' feelin' ah'm not sure exactly whatcha mean, sugarcube...

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 796

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Periwinkle]{Mulligan}
Form: Unicorn, ???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZKit on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:24 am

Oh wow! Thank you all for your fantastic responses. I really appreciate then all.

Concerning being convinced with hypnosis, do we have articles on hypnosis on the forum? Due to my upbringing, I kind of doubt myself on everything. How can one continue to be convinced? Because I'm getting some pretty good effects but halfway through I ask myself questions and it starts to disappear.
ZKit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyDashie on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:27 am

hai and welcomes!

-stay awesome :3
- [keeeepppp smiling :DD]
-{eat muffins ;D}

achievements:
achievements:
"who needs exit triggers?"
"oh and you were so close!"
"elements of harmony"
"Create: Vegetarian"
"But... Bacon"
"pinkie's mind"
"Twitchi Twitch"
"Identity Theft"
"They're Calling Me Names"

*has a lot more than this*
KrazyDashie

Bits : 3327

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [pinkie] {derpy} -rarity-
Form: earth pony, pegasus, unicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Shard on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:44 am

Transformative hypnosis is something you must just experience, not something to think about.

As for guides, there are some scraps scatered here and there about pony hypnoses but no real guide. General information regarding hypnosis should not be that hard to find do.

True self

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxxxy on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:22 pm

You can easily look at the efficacy of the hypnosis both by reading the journals and asking questions from the users of the files, as well there are many many many scholarly articles written by a vast population of people all over the scientific community, just use the google research paper search engine, but nothing beats talking with someone who has experienced its power first hand.
Foxxxy
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia

Bits : 61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxxxy on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Twilie wrote:Transformative hypnosis is something you must just experience, not something to think about.

As for guides, there are some scraps scatered here and there about pony hypnoses but no real guide. General information regarding hypnosis should not be that hard to find do.

and as well, there is always my HypnoPony FAQ

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Foxxxy
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia

Bits : 61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciroton on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:38 pm

Why, hello ZKit and welcome to the forums. It's always marvelous to meet another Rarity; the world could use more fabulous ponies. Alas, only myself and... well... Rarity are the really active ones around. Hopefully that will change in time! ^^ So, again, welcome. I'm sort of been on a hiatus from the files for a while now, so sadly I am not exactly well-suited to helping. However, as you no doubt have experienced, this place is FILLED with ponies eager to pass on words of encouragement and wisdom.

Rarity

Bits : 272

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:41 am

Hello ZKit!  Welcome to the forums!

With respect to "falling asleep" while working with the spells, (ie: listening to the files,) you might try treating them like a traditional meditation... sitting comfortably with your back as straight and in as good a posture as you can safely do... (imagining a line drawing you upward from the crown of your head).  I like to sit cross-legged, on a slight cushion so my hind hooves don't fall asleep during the session... though at a Buddhist monastery I studied at some years ago, I found some older folks to sit with their bum right on the very edge of a chair, which they said was just as effective as sitting cross-legged but was easier on their bodies.

(There is a lot of information available on a quick web-search regarding meditation postures if you're interested.)

And whether this is "all in one's head" or not... ...our perception defines reality.

If somepony under hypnosis is suggested that they sing like Aretha Franklin, does indeed sound like Aretha Franklin singing... well... that is _them_ singing... their body... their vocal chords.

The biggest thing that stands in the way of us achieving our goals, often, is ourselves.  These tools help us to work beyond the limitations we have for whatever reason come to believe.

When... (not _if..._ but _when_... )you find yourself _being_ more creative... (more generous, more inspired, etc.) producing work you and others feel proud of... it is _you_ who will have been doing the work... the results will have come from _you_.

_That_ is what matters.

(This kind of method of helping the subconscious accept and allow that which the body is capable of doing has been used by some practitioners of Yoga for thousands of years -- see "Yoga Nidra," [an ultra-simplified explanation of Yoga Nidra can be found on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_Nidra ].)

-Twilight Sparkle (madrigal)

Back to top Go down

Post by ZKit on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:09 am

Wow! You ponies are awesome! I have been absolutely swamped with work so I haven't had time to actually give a proper reply but I have been salivating over all your fantastic answers!
Thank you all so much. <3
ZKit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Light on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Twilight Sparkle madrigal wrote:If somepony under hypnosis is suggested that they sing like Aretha Franklin, does indeed sound like Aretha Franklin singing... well... that is _them_ singing... their body... their vocal chords.
Rainbow Dash Ponder I really like that analogy! That really clearly shows the nuance that I've had difficulty describing recently... that these meditations don't alter you, but mere unlock your own inhibitions.

Oh, and a belated welcome to you, ZKit Fs Grin 
Aurora Light
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Bits : 553

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Fluttershy
Form: Fluttershy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZKit on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Thanks ShyButWhy!
<3
Also, quick questions about those theta binaural beats I found in the resource thread? How does one use those? What exactly are they meant for? Oh My
ZKit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Shard on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:04 am

They are that hum you hear in the background, they are supposed to increase or decrease activity in parts of the brain to help create certain effects.

True self

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: