Chapter 10 - September 10, 2013 - I need a break....

Go down

Chapter 10 - September 10, 2013 - I need a break....

Post by Bright Star on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Right now I'm at work writing this entry while it's still fresh in my head.

I've been going through my tumblr blog lately to see what type of person I was before hypno. Turns out I was very negative about many things, especially since it was at a very stressful time during college. It wasn't until the end of march when I started hypno is when the posts became mor positive. I also noted that I developed what I called "programmer's block" a few days after I started hypno, but that could have also been due to unnecessary stress from college that I was going through at that time.

Work is starting to become more stressful every day that I work there. It's not so much that I'm worried about working in a fast food restaurant while slowly losing taste for meat, but it's the fact that I've been working 40 hours a week for more than a month now. I'm really /this/ close to asking for a week long break or fewer hours because I can't seem to handle the stress anymore. Plus, my loans from college start billing me next month and I still have yet to even attempt to find a job, let alone fund the urge to start programming again. *sigh.......*

Looking to the skies,
Bright Star

Bright Star
Admin
Admin

Bits : 2991

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Click] |Princess Téa| {d3rpy} _Icelight_ =CrystalShy= -p1nkiepie- ~App1eJ~ +Disc0rd+ ?B4bs? ^3pony^ \Little Soarin\
Form: [EarthColt] |AlicornPrincess| {FillyPegasus} _CrystalAlicorn_ -CrystalPegasus- -EarthPony- ~EarthPony~ +StainGlassDraconequus+ ?EarthFilly? ^MiniatureEponaPony^ \ColtPegasus\

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 10 - September 10, 2013 - I need a break....

Post by platinum on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:20 pm

I'm sorry the teaching job didn't pan out for you. Did you at least get the promotion at McDonald's?
platinum
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 1624

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Midnight/Dawn/Roseluck
Form: anime girl/wolf girl/Roseluck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Star on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:02 am

Yeah, about that teaching job....the day I finally get the confidence to apply, they already started interviews :\

And I haven't been promoted yet, because I think it's about time I opened up my options a bit more, so that means if I have to move to the west coast to get a job, then I will. It's going to be a bit scary for me, new place, new state, basically a brand new start, just like what I'm going through now with hypno.

Bright Star
Admin
Admin

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Click] |Princess Téa| {d3rpy} _Icelight_ =CrystalShy= -p1nkiepie- ~App1eJ~ +Disc0rd+ ?B4bs? ^3pony^ \Little Soarin\
Form: [EarthColt] |AlicornPrincess| {FillyPegasus} _CrystalAlicorn_ -CrystalPegasus- -EarthPony- ~EarthPony~ +StainGlassDraconequus+ ?EarthFilly? ^MiniatureEponaPony^ \ColtPegasus\

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleetfoot on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:26 am

*hugs* I love the west coast. I think you might, too--the pizza here is different if you're currently on the east coast. And I'm told that our bagels suck, probably because Starbucks took over and shut down all the donut shops. The good news is that we have excellent coffee as long as you're not going to Starbucks.

Did you know you can apply for federal student loan forbearance due to financial hardship? I think it's a 6-month cycle (or used to be). Most loan servicers can also negotiate lower or graded repayment schedules if you call them up.

Fleetfoot
Wonderbolt
Wonderbolt

Bits : 1270

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name:
Form:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Star on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:00 am

The problem with applying for forbearance is that right now I have a steady job (and a decently paid one as well). Of course, I could just quit that job but it's going to be hard for me, mostly because I feel at times I'm the only one keeping the restaurant alive.

And I actually live in the Midwest, but I wouldn't know how different pizza would taste there compared to here. And I'm actually not a coffee drinker. *insert gasp of surprise here*

Bright Star
Admin
Admin

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:08 pm

*hugs* I'm sorry things have been so stressful...

...Doing what you need to do to keep yourself emotionally healthy helps you to keep on with the rest of your daily life... so... taking at least one "mental health day" and making certain that you _only_ use it to rest and recoup... that can do wonders.

Make sure you keep up with meditation of some sort, even ten minutes a day can be a _huge_ help. (Though that's strange to me that you'd get "programmer's block" shortly after starting work with the files... perhaps there's something you "need" to be doing with your time more than programming?)

Back to top Go down

Post by platinum on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:18 pm

On the pizza front Midwest is diffrent from east coast, is diffrent from west coast, is diffrent from other countries. Overall it is still the same food just made slightly diffrent.
platinum
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 1624

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Midnight/Dawn/Roseluck
Form: anime girl/wolf girl/Roseluck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum