Chapter 35 - October 17, 2013 - The Crash

Go down

Chapter 35 - October 17, 2013 - The Crash

Post by Bright Star on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:38 am

No this is not a trick title, I think I really did crash. Also, warning, this entry may be a bit depressing to some poines.

I had the entire day off work today, so I decided to celebrate by getting myself some pop. Well after a near scary car ride with Bro-17 who just got his driver's permit, I made it safely back home with a bottle of Mountain Dew. Then after playing a game that has to do with the number 8, I got inspired to draw something, but for whatever reason, my heart was pounding and I was getting too shaky to draw comfortably. I eventually decided to take a nap in the hopes of calming myself down. I woke up probably an hour later and felt extremely groggy. Then some events happened unrelated to pony hypno that just ended up making me even more sad than I already was. Click was around and he recommended that I should just go to bed for a bit more. During this, he tried comforting me and had me try to forget about what happened while we tried a switch attempt. Even though we failed, I woke up feeling much better than before.

In other bits of news, I've been a bit more open about what's on my mind. Yesterday, I ended up telling two people I work with about my issues I have with finding a job and why I'm still working at fast food instead. The first one was because he decided to assume that I was an A honor roll student. I then replied with a miniature rant on why I was so smart but not school smart because I had terrible procrastination skills and I nearly flunked out of college because of my terrible self esteem back then. The second was from another employee who was on his break and we talked about a few things about how my college life was like and how hard it was and also why I don't want to be promoted at work because if I do then I'd have to stay for a long time.

At this point I'm not certain where my career going to go. I really haven't had the motivation to program in a while which I believe was caused by my college's lack of teaching us game design properly. I'm not even sure /if/ at this point I can get a job because I feel like my programming skills are very lackluster compared to other ponies who were fortunate enough to get better quality classes than I did (long story short, stay as far away as possible from any "for profit" colleges). Granted, I really shouldn't feel this way, it's only going to be me further down, but.....*sigh* I think it's something I need to get over. Maybe I'll start making games again when I'm feeling a bit better.

Looking to the skies,
Bright Star

Bright Star
Admin
Admin

Bits : 2991

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Click] |Princess Téa| {d3rpy} _Icelight_ =CrystalShy= -p1nkiepie- ~App1eJ~ +Disc0rd+ ?B4bs? ^3pony^ \Little Soarin\
Form: [EarthColt] |AlicornPrincess| {FillyPegasus} _CrystalAlicorn_ -CrystalPegasus- -EarthPony- ~EarthPony~ +StainGlassDraconequus+ ?EarthFilly? ^MiniatureEponaPony^ \ColtPegasus\

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter 35 - October 17, 2013 - The Crash

Post by Luna on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:54 am

Well then, if it makes you better... do you want to make a game with me?
Sure, we may not have education about Game Development here but it is my passion and I have released games without knowledge from a college of Game Development.

It doesn't really matter if you know it or what, as long as you know your ways around it. There is always a way.

I remember one time, I met a game developer who came from a poor city with poor resources and he's just a factory worker. He took accounting as his college course and doesn't know what he is doing. He just copy and pasted code and made a good game, kongregate found him and now he has made 30+ games doing the same thing and earning a heck higher than me. But this proves you don't have to know everything to make great games.

I hope this inspires you.
In a cave that is dark, there is always light.

Luna
Luna
Luna

Bits : 1171

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name:
Form:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:54 am

I've always loved game design, if you ponies ever need to bounce ideas off of someone or are stuck on the game aspect (don't ask me to code anything) shoot me a PM. Rainbow Dash Awyeah
Capt
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 886

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gift1992 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:07 am

that reminds me of myself at the moment.

i have to wait till next year to apply to college, feeling like waisting my time doing nothing realy
productive, semees like several people interestet in game development just like me too but i should go deeper in that if i start my own journal.
gift1992
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash

Bits : 185

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Kizota
Form: human

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/lolol147

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Shard on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:37 am

I think you should take on Raritys suggestion. It sounds like a good opportunity to swap ideas and skills while staying into the game and building some confidence.

For the rest, I fear we are in the same boat.I have no confidence in my own skills either. 
But if I learned one thing during internships, it is that you only end up using a bit of what you have learned at school and learn a lot while working anyway.

And dont worry to much about the art thing. There will always be days that the inspiration simply refuses to flow to the paper. Its generally wiser to quit drawing if that happens instead of frustratingly whip up a bad sketch you will be erasing again later in favor of the good lines anyway.

True self

Bits : 1655

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Wolf
Form: A wolf. Occasionally a pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soarin on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Don't get so down on yourself, I know how you feel. My skills are probably worse than yours actually. The most I ever done is a few projects that I never finished and a few years of ROM hacking. I would love to go to college to learn more, but I lack the funds to do so. You have to give yourself credit and understand that you are much better than you say you are. Like you said, getting down on yourself will only make things worse. I hope you feel better soon! *Hugs!*

"It's always darkest before the dawn."
Soarin
Admin
Admin

Bits : 1197

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Lightning/Ra1nbat/Filly Pie/Applejack/Rarity/Fluttershy/Scoota100/SweetieByt3
Form: Unknown/Bat Pony/Filly Earth Pony/Earth Pony/Unicorn/Pegasus/Filly Pegasus/Filly Unicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum