Expecting Results from the First Times

Go down

Expecting Results from the First Times

Post by R.Dash on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:18 pm

It has been said that you shouldn't expect results from hypnosis too soon. That it will take a while before the results will kick in, but what about if that wasn't necessarily true. What if you would enter hypnosis with the same mindset as when creating a tulpa (assuming sentience from the start), that you should expect results after a few listens. Yes, there has been those who have listened once or twice and then complained that the files do nothing. Then there has been those who have given up after a longer time.

Though it's important to remember to not misinterpret the assuming of sentience when creating a tulpa. That same thought should be applied to hypnosis so people would not give their hopes way too high up and end up disappointed.

What are your thoughts? Could there be more results if people would strongly believe that hypnosis would give results from the first times?

~The Element of Loyalty~
          ~The best prize you can get is a friend~
           ~A true, true friend helps a friend in need~

R.Dash
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash

Bits : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expecting Results from the First Times

Post by Cheese Sandwich on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:27 pm

Hmmm.... Maybe :3 like if they had done Hypnosis for a while and then they tried another hypnosis..... But i dont know for sure XD

I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned
Cheese Sandwich
Cheese Sandwich
Cheese Sandwich

Bits : 2958
Location : I travel, my location is anywhere were theres a need for a party!

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Spectra}/-Ne'a-
Form: Ponies

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SpectraPony

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:28 pm

It's best to have an open mind when working with the files. There have been some cases where ponies have achieved spectacular results on their first try, but have struggled to get the same level of effect since. Others have very weak results from the start, but gradually build them over time.

As a rule, the more you believe something will happen when you use a file, the higher the chance that something will actually happen, though it really does depend on the pony. If you go into it with an open mind, that's great. If you use a file not expecting anything to happen or doubting if it will work, it probably won't. It doesn't hurt to have high hopes or a goal to build towards.

Spitfire
Admin
Admin

Bits : 424
Location : ...who wants 'ta know? Are you stalking me?! I NEED AN ADULT!!

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Fid
Form: whatever he feels like

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by R.Dash on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:40 pm

Spitfire wrote:It's best to have an open mind when working with the files. There have been some cases where ponies have achieved spectacular results on their first try, but have struggled to get the same level of effect since. Others have very weak results from the start, but gradually build them over time.

As a rule, the more you believe something will happen when you use a file, the higher the chance that something will actually happen, though it really does depend on the pony. If you go into it with an open mind, that's great. If you use a file not expecting anything to happen or doubting if it will work, it probably won't. It doesn't hurt to have high hopes or a goal to build towards.
Thanks for the input Spitfire, believing is magic! But a little back, while I've been around here for a longer while I've not always been there when a new pony has arrived. The new ones usually have their questions and among them is the how fast the results will come. Usually they have been told that it will take some time and they shouldn't expect results directly (or is this the case any more?). I'm just thinking that results could be archived faster if people would have a stronger belief for the first times.

~The Element of Loyalty~

R.Dash
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Shard on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Some people would get results. Others would quit to soon. Its a double edged sword.

I think its just a mantra left over from all the times we had to cheer up newcomers. There is no golden rule of when effects should start occuring
Star Shard
True self
True self

Bits : 1655

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Wolf
Form: A wolf. Occasionally a pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Soarin on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Going into it with high hopes and believing it will work is the best thing you can do and will result in a much better outcome than thinking it won't work. However, that doesn't change the fact that everypony is different. For some ponies they may get results fast, but for some others they may not get anything right away. Even if you don't get anything at first or feel you are not making any progress you are. With each listen you make progress. You just have to keep believing that it's working and progress will come over time.

The thing is you shouldn't go into it thinking it will completely change you after only one listen. Because if you do you're only going to be disappointed. Regardless of results progress will come over time and you just have to keep at it. Think of progress as a stack of blocks and each time you listen to the file it adds another block to that stack. The bigger the stack the better results you get.

"It's always darkest before the dawn."
Soarin
Admin
Admin

Bits : 1197

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Lightning/Ra1nbat/Filly Pie/Applejack/Rarity/Fluttershy/Scoota100/SweetieByt3
Form: Unknown/Bat Pony/Filly Earth Pony/Earth Pony/Unicorn/Pegasus/Filly Pegasus/Filly Unicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleetfoot on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:32 pm

My first session was one of my very strongest, but that's extremely rare, and I was very lucky.

Fleetfoot
Wonderbolt
Wonderbolt

Bits : 1270

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name:
Form:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by R.Dash on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:29 am

Soarin wrote:The thing is you shouldn't go into it thinking it will completely change you after only one listen. Because if you do you're only going to be disappointed. Regardless of results progress will come over time and you just have to keep at it. Think of progress as a stack of blocks and each time you listen to the file it adds another block to that stack. The bigger the stack the better results you get.
I have to say that I like your idea of seeing the progress as blocks.

~The Element of Loyalty~

R.Dash
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content