Possible OBE I had years ago

Go down

Possible OBE I had years ago

Post by Bright Star on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:26 pm

This story is the long version of my very first experience being hypnotized approximately 6 years ago.

So this is during the afterprom of my junior year of high school.
We had a hypnotist come in to entertain us
We sat on the bleachers and he told us to hold our hands together and we would not be able to let go
I tried it and it failed the first time. I let my hands pull apart.
Then he says some of us were not concentrating hard enough and asked us to do it again
And my hands were stuck together
Then he asks for volunteers and I decided to try it out
We got on some chairs and he put us through the induction
I sat and closed my eyes, trying to breathe through the music he had playing
And then suddenly he started the show and I was still able to hear him
(at the time not knowing that I still would be able to listen to every suggestion)
I was worried that I had not been hypno'd, but as not not make an embarrassment of myself, I went along with it
I still had my eyes closed though; I was never told to open them
After taking us through a scene with a brand new car, a bir landing on our finger and then it pooping on us
I ended up opening my eyes
I could see the audience and everypony else there too
I was scared that they'd boo me off the stage after seeing me like this
But surprisingly they didn't
There was then a scenario where they hypnotist would try to tell a story about himself, but when he said certain trigger words, one of the participants would interrupt him with something
I was told to insult him when he tried to say where he came from and then that would get stronger every time
And then he would ask why and then I would have no reason and then feel sorry about it
I first time I shouted "I hate you"
The second "I still don't like you!"
The third:
"I hate you! I don't care if anyone here likes you! I don't care if you like you! I don't care if your mom likes you! I. HATE. YOU!!!!"
(wow....that was a bit harsh)
Then after that he picked other random participants for other skits
One of these skits I remember was on where the participany is to forget the number 8 and then asked to count their fingers
The participant would say they had 10 fingers, but could only count 11 of them
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10...11?
While I sat there and watched, and even laughed out loud at some of the skits
Still, nopony would notice
At the end, he had all of us sit back down.
I was talking to a few of my friends about what I saw
But then somepony else in the audience called me out on faking it because her friend she was talking to could barely remember what happened.
And I wondered if I had done the same
And I also wondered why they didn't call me out during the show?
To this day, I'm still trying to see if anypony's recorded any part of the show so I can find out for sure if I had indeed OBE'd or not

Bright Star

Bright Star
Admin
Admin

Bits : 2991

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Click] |Princess Téa| {d3rpy} _Icelight_ =CrystalShy= -p1nkiepie- ~App1eJ~ +Disc0rd+ ?B4bs? ^3pony^ \Little Soarin\
Form: [EarthColt] |AlicornPrincess| {FillyPegasus} _CrystalAlicorn_ -CrystalPegasus- -EarthPony- ~EarthPony~ +StainGlassDraconequus+ ?EarthFilly? ^MiniatureEponaPony^ \ColtPegasus\

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible OBE I had years ago

Post by Star Shard on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:13 pm

I think you probably fell out of trance but remained in a suggestible state.
And then ran into some people that base their entire knowledge on the subject on movies and like to play sceptic.

It may however help if you pinpointed why you believe you had an OBE.

True self

Bits : 1655

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Wolf
Form: A wolf. Occasionally a pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Star on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Star Shard wrote:I think you probably fell out of trance but remained in a suggestible state.
And then ran into some people that base their entire knowledge on the subject on movies and like to play sceptic.

It may however help if you pinpointed why you believe you had an OBE.
While I sat there and watched, and even laughed out loud at some of the skits
Still, nopony would notice
At the end, he had all of us sit back down.
I was talking to a few of my friends about what I saw
But then somepony else in the audience called me out on faking it because her friend she was talking to could barely remember what happened.
And I wondered if I had done the same
And I also wondered why they didn't call me out during the show?
During this, my head was looking all over the place and I was probably laughing really hard, but yet they didn't seem to mention anything until afterwards. They only mentioned that I was able to remember the events, but not mentioning at all that I was completely out of it. And even during the performance when some participants did fall out of trance, he woke them back up and sat them back in the audience.

Bright Star
Admin
Admin

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Click] |Princess Téa| {d3rpy} _Icelight_ =CrystalShy= -p1nkiepie- ~App1eJ~ +Disc0rd+ ?B4bs? ^3pony^ \Little Soarin\
Form: [EarthColt] |AlicornPrincess| {FillyPegasus} _CrystalAlicorn_ -CrystalPegasus- -EarthPony- ~EarthPony~ +StainGlassDraconequus+ ?EarthFilly? ^MiniatureEponaPony^ \ColtPegasus\

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Shard on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Well, if nobody did remember you laughing or looking around and such. And the Hypnotist did try to keep everybody in a trance. It definitely sounds a lot interesting. 

Did you get the feeling you were actually outside your body during this experience?

True self

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Star on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Hmm, I can't say I remember being outside or feeling disconnected. It was a long time ago too and I didn't think to check to see if I was still in my body.

Bright Star
Admin
Admin

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entarasu on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Sounds very interesting. I've had a bit of experience with OBE's. I never actually  achieved one in my waking mind, but practiced it for several years and believe to have had (and still have) OBEs while dreaming.

I can't confirm whether or not you really experienced one, but everypony experiences trances differently, and even then the same pony can experience trances differently at different points in their life. It is possible hat you were fully hypnotized, just you managed to stay in your waking state. I have heard of this (and even experienced it myself a couple times). Where somepony is hypnotized, but remembers everything, some even believe that it is THEMSELVES agreeing to do something, when really hypnosis is all a suggestion, and it is up to the person/pony to decide whether or not to follow it. So in this case it is possible you just thought you "chose" to play along.

Alternatively, it IS possible that you experienced an OBE, there really isn't an exact way to tell, and I am no expert, so I can't determine what it was.

Please don't hate me!!!  (joking),
~Entarasu
Entarasu

Bits : 194

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Shard on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Generally if amnesia or falling asleep is not actively suggested. It does not happen. (Unless the person convinces himself that it should.)

Either way, if she did go out of her body. She did not go very far. Perhaps just far enough to look around and move, without the body moving.

True self

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: