Entry 88 - Something in the Clouds

Go down

Entry 88 - Something in the Clouds

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:16 am

It is fascinating to me, when the physical world shapes itself into improbable configurations that conform perfectly to deeply personal, inner-experiences.

“Signs,” they have been called... “validations,” “omens,” “indicators”....

I live in the foothills north of the town in which Spike and I currently reside.  My bed is oriented so that just opening my eyes, I can watch the sun rise over the mountains to the east.

Yesterday morning, I opened my eyes as I felt the dawn gathering around me, and was dumbstruck at the cloud formation perfectly framed in the sliding-glass-door that looks out over the valley below.

I stared at it for several seconds trying to get my mind to verify that what I was seeing was physical reality and not a lingering projection of dream.

What I saw... was a cloud, (a large-ish cloud that would take-up about four inches of a ruler held at arm's length,) in perfect, crisp, clear, sharp, straight lines, exactly in the shape of Twilight Sparkle's primary cutie-mark.  Lines so clean and symmetrical and even they might have been measured and drawn using a ruler.

Spike sensed that I was awake and tense with focus.  “What's wrong,” he asked.

I told him and he moved so he could look out the window as well.  “Wow!  Hey, and there's a dragon there too!  You probably can't see it from where you are....”

I moved over to where Spike sleeps and sure enough, there was a cloud exactly in the shape of an adult dragon's head just to the lower-left of the cutie-mark.

That was it.  I had to get a photograph of this, if only to remind myself in the future should I ever need to be reminded that what I had seen was real.

By the time I returned to the sliding-glass-door with the camera the clouds had changed... but what I saw right as I got back touched me even deeper.

As I was raising the camera to my eye, the cloud formation broke-apart with amazing rapidity.  But before it did, right as I had gotten back to the glass... the formation had become a stylized sun-burst like my own cutie-mark.

Spike had gone back to sleep, so he didn't see the sun-burst.  But later that day when I asked him, he recalled that what he saw was indeed in the exact, linear shape of Twilight's main Element.

And yes, there is a possibility that it was chance.  But from what I understand, the probability for all things to come together like that to produce such distinct, linear, symmetrical phenomenon is extremely low.

So, even if it was a one-in-a-billion random event occurring right when it would have personal significance... I would make the conscious choice to see significance within the improbability of it.

But in remembering how seeing this made me feel... I believe there is more to it than “mere chance.”

There is something about it that makes me feel that it was some reminder from home to have faith that we are real....

...And that if we continue to strive to live-up-to-ourselves in our hearts and in our choices, that we cannot help but move imperceptibly yet definitively from where we were have been, into an embodiment of who we are in spirit....

...Even here on this Earth as well.

Be well, my fellow travelers, be well my dear ponies,
~Celestia

Back to top Go down

Re: Entry 88 - Something in the Clouds

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:22 am

There is something that comes strongly to my heart as I re-read this....

...And that is the importance of "faith."

Whether Buddhist, or Christian or any other "way-of-life," "faith" plays an important role....

...And it strikes me that if we exude energy from our thoughts and feelings... that the energy exuded from something in which we _choose_ to have faith must be much more significant than the energy exuded from something for which we have proof and that may be (or become) taken for granted.

To me, that feels very important.

~Celestia

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleetfoot on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Dear Celestia,

In our previous exchanges, I shared that some things we do seem to... bend reality, sometimes with consequences or results that we couldn't have ever predicted. Whether by perception or by physical phenomenon (and one mustn't exclude the product of their interaction), these consequences are real and measurable. Sometimes powerful Smile 

Every day I'm learning more and more that reality really is what we make of it. Too often, that is harder to believe, harder to have faith in, than the unbelievable.

Fleetfoot
Wonderbolt
Wonderbolt

Bits : 1270

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name:
Form:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Shard on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:17 pm

This is a good reminder that it are the tiny signs that can mean the most.
And that they don't necessary come in huge spectacular omens.

So keep ones eyes open. You never know...

True self

Bits : 1655

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Wolf
Form: A wolf. Occasionally a pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:41 am

*nods to Fluttershy and to Star Shard* Very much so. Smile

Back to top Go down