Hello everypony

Go down

Hello everypony

Post by Toksyuryel on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:38 am

So, after months and months I've decided to find out what's been going on with the old pony hypnosis thing. I remember when it was just a thread on /mlp/ and a google doc. I tried to use the new Twilight file while waiting for my account here to be activated, but without being able to read the script I fear I don't have a prayer of understanding a word being said in it (I mean no offense, it's just really really difficult to make out what's being said when the speaker mumbles constantly; the BGM is also louder than the voice, which doesn't help either) and I'm pretty sure it can't actually work if I don't know what's being said. On that note, where ARE the scripts anymore? I cannot for the life of me find them, only the audio files seem to be available here which would contradict the recommendation to read through the relevant script before using a file. Where are new scripts written and discussed, as well? I couldn't seem to locate any fourms for those activities either. I suppose those are on the IRC, but keeping records here is still worthwhile especially so others can help out or just be aware right?

Anyway hi! My interest in hypnosis is part sleep aid, part productivity aid, and part wanting to be the purple pony princess aid. Twilight's good for two out of three at least ;) Nice to meet all of you (again for any of you from the old threads)!
Toksyuryel

Bits : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello everypony

Post by Billy-Rex on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:40 am

Hello Toksyuryel! Yes, I have asked myself the same questions.

Anyway: Welcome Smile
Billy-Rex
Applejack
Applejack

Bits : 23

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyDashie on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:42 am

welcome

-stay awesome :3
- [keeeepppp smiling :DD]
-{eat muffins ;D}

achievements:
achievements:
"who needs exit triggers?"
"oh and you were so close!"
"elements of harmony"
"Create: Vegetarian"
"But... Bacon"
"pinkie's mind"
"Twitchi Twitch"
"Identity Theft"
"They're Calling Me Names"

*has a lot more than this*
KrazyDashie

Bits : 3327

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [pinkie] {derpy} -rarity-
Form: earth pony, pegasus, unicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by platinum on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:06 am

Hello and welcome.

Signature [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
platinum
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 1624

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Midnight/Dawn/Roseluck
Form: anime girl/wolf girl/Roseluck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DangerDash on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:33 pm

Hello. Welcome to Hypnoponies!

Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Dash

Bits : 81

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by trixiemena on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Pinkie Pie Content Welcome to hypnoponies hope you enjoy your stay

Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie

Bits : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Eclipse on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Welcome. The files are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

True self
True self

Bits : 784

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Wubs]/{Black Dragoness}/-Discord-
Form: Baby Pony Changling/Jeweled Black Dragon/Chimera

View user profile http://heroesnetwork.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Toksyuryel on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:39 pm

ShowStopper wrote:Welcome. The files are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The audio files are there. I was asking where the scripts are.
Toksyuryel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forums. At the moment the scripts are restricted until we can update the existing files. Sorry for the inconvenience. :/

Spitfire
Admin
Admin

Bits : 424
Location : ...who wants 'ta know? Are you stalking me?! I NEED AN ADULT!!

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Fid
Form: whatever he feels like

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight[Tay] on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:12 pm

The scripts you can probably obtain from a voicebro if you ask nicely. I'm not sure, but you could try. See above. And the BGM in the Twilight file is a perfect volume for me. It isn't constant; it's only a calming overlay, and it shouldn't drown out the foreground file.

Also, welcome.

Good friends will carry you where money won't go.
Twilight[Tay]
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 976

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Tay
Form: Eevee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Eclipse on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Toksyuryel wrote:
ShowStopper wrote:Welcome. The files are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The audio files are there. I was asking where the scripts are.

Ooops. Sorry about that.

True self
True self

Bits : 784

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Wubs]/{Black Dragoness}/-Discord-
Form: Baby Pony Changling/Jeweled Black Dragon/Chimera

View user profile http://heroesnetwork.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Toksyuryel on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Spitfire wrote:Hello, and welcome to the forums. At the moment the scripts are restricted until we can update the existing files. Sorry for the inconvenience. :/

Ah, I see. Guess I'll have to wait until then, then! Thanks for letting me know ☺

Twiley wrote:The scripts you can probably obtain from a voicebro if you ask nicely. I'm not sure, but you could try. See above. And the BGM in the Twilight file is a perfect volume for me. It isn't constant; it's only a calming overlay, and it shouldn't drown out the foreground file.

Also, welcome.

On my headphones (Sennheiser HD419), for the first two and a half minutes of Twilight v3 (I couldn't listen any further) the speaker mumbled constantly and was occasionally drowned out by the BGM. I dunno if you have different headphones that might cause it to sound differently; I definitely remember noticing a difference in a lot of audio back when I first switched to HD headphones, there was a lot of music that used to sound fine that suddenly sounded horrible through them because sounds that used to blur together became distinct and separately audible. But if you are using HD headphones too then it could just be a difference in the way our hearing works?
Toksyuryel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight[Tay] on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Toksyuryel wrote:
Twiley wrote:The scripts you can probably obtain from a voicebro if you ask nicely. I'm not sure, but you could try. See above. And the BGM in the Twilight file is a perfect volume for me. It isn't constant; it's only a calming overlay, and it shouldn't drown out the foreground file.

Also, welcome.

On my headphones (Sennheiser HD419), for the first two and a half minutes of Twilight v3 (I couldn't listen any further) the speaker mumbled constantly and was occasionally drowned out by the BGM. I dunno if you have different headphones that might cause it to sound differently; I definitely remember noticing a difference in a lot of audio back when I first switched to HD headphones, there was a lot of music that used to sound fine that suddenly sounded horrible through them because sounds that used to blur together became distinct and separately audible. But if you are using HD headphones too then it could just be a difference in the way our hearing works?

After reading the description of the headphones, I think that it is the boosted bass that causes the BGM to drown the voice part out. By BGM, do you mean the binaural "hum" of the file, or the light music addition to the file?

Twilight[Tay]
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toksyuryel on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Twiley wrote:After reading the description of the headphones, I think that it is the boosted bass that causes the BGM to drown the voice part out. By BGM, do you mean the binaural "hum" of the file, or the light music addition to the file?

Listened again to double-check; it is the music and not the hum (although I feel like the hum is also too loud) and it is only occasional (I want to stress the occasional nature- the principle problem isn't the music, it is the mumbling). And hm, that could be the case. I bought these because they were cheap to replace an older pair of Sennheiser that was a different model number that had been dying on me and I did notice that a lot of things sounded noticeably different through them.
Toksyuryel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight[Tay] on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:47 pm

If you can, try playing them through a speaker for a minute or two, or use a different set of headphones temporarily. See if that makes a difference, as by the problems you have raised, it seems likely that it is the headphones, not the file. I use a pair of £30 (about $45) in-ear headphones that are fine with all the aspects you outlined.

Twilight[Tay]
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toksyuryel on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Twiley wrote:If you can, try playing them through a speaker for a minute or two, or use a different set of headphones temporarily. See if that makes a difference, as by the problems you have raised, it seems likely that it is the headphones, not the file. I use a pair of £30 (about $45) in-ear headphones that are fine with all the aspects you outlined.
I am unable to use in-ear headphones as they are extremely uncomfortable for me, and I don't have speakers (nor do I have the privacy to use them if I did). But I can try to get better over-ear headphones. All aspects though? It doesn't sound like mumbling through your headphones? There is something really seriously wrong with my headphones if that kind of extreme difference is possible…
Toksyuryel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Star on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:37 pm

The BGM is referring to "Background Music", I'll admit that the voice on the 3.0 files /may/ be harder for some to understand (though is only a minor inconvenience once you get used to the voice). You might want to try using the 2.0 files and see if those work for you.

And anyway, Welcome! I wish you good luck on your journey.

Bright Star

Bright Star
Admin
Admin

Bits : 2991

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Click] |Princess Téa| {d3rpy} _Icelight_ =CrystalShy= -p1nkiepie- ~App1eJ~ +Disc0rd+ ?B4bs? ^3pony^ \Little Soarin\
Form: [EarthColt] |AlicornPrincess| {FillyPegasus} _CrystalAlicorn_ -CrystalPegasus- -EarthPony- ~EarthPony~ +StainGlassDraconequus+ ?EarthFilly? ^MiniatureEponaPony^ \ColtPegasus\

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toksyuryel on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:59 pm

Bright Star wrote:The BGM is referring to "Background Music", I'll admit that the voice on the 3.0 files /may/ be harder for some to understand (though is only a minor inconvenience once you get used to the voice). You might want to try using the 2.0 files and see if those work for you.

And anyway, Welcome! I wish you good luck on your journey.

Bright Star
The link to the Twilight v2 file seems to be dead. I have a vague recollection of trying that file back in the /mlp/ days and having difficulties with it, but as I can't recall what those difficulties were I'm up for trying again if only to remember why it didn't work.

For reference, the only file I've ever successfully managed to reach trance with was the original Father Whiteboy reading of the Twilight v1 file, and even that one had issues which made it difficult to maintain that state for long (out of all the voices he has by far the clearest and easiest to understand one for me, but occasionally he'll add stress or emotion to a particular word and that will snap me back out of it; the v1 script being very flawed certainly doesn't help either). Taurus's reading is impenetrable for me- I'm very sensitive to mispronunciation and misreading when attempting to reach trance and his reading of what I assume is Twilight v2 (he is only marked on the Twilight v1 reading here, while the file I have of his is labeled "Updated Twi reading") was *FULL* of both.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I deeply apologize if I come across as confrontational or contrary- I definitely do not mean to. I'm just trying to be completely honest about my experience and I know I can be pretty blunt at times, I just don't feel like being silent about my experience would help your cause any.

Last edited by Toksyuryel on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added an apology for my abrasive personality)
Toksyuryel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy-Rex on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Toksyuryel wrote:I'm very sensitive to mispronunciation and misreading when attempting to reach trance
I'm not alone /)°3°(\
I had the same problem with an Applejack file. Well, it wasn't misreading or mispronounciation, but it was a really, really thick accent. I also have a problem with readers mumbling... It just annoys me.
Billy-Rex
Applejack
Applejack

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight[Tay] on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:28 pm

I've had a way of achieving trance that may seem strange, but simply concentrate on the meaning of each separate word. Understand exactly what is being said, and you should reach trance much easier. I have the same problem with mispronounced words or improper accents, but I find that the v3.0 file has the fewest number of these, and has the best clarity.

For use, here is the v2.0 file. It is only a loop file, so may require some editing in the form of adding an awakener and an induction if you want one. Tell me if you want the induction, because you need an awakener. Don't listen to the whole file, because open-ended files can be slightly unsafe if used for sessions because they leave the user open to suggestions outside of the file.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's linked in the files topic of "Spellbooks and files".

Last edited by Twiley on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twilight[Tay]
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toksyuryel on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:34 pm

Twiley wrote:I've had a way of achieving trance that may seem strange, but simply concentrate on the meaning of each separate word. Understand exactly what is being said, and you should reach trance much easier. I have the same problem with mispronounced words or improper accents, but I find that the v3.0 file has the fewest number of these, and has the best clarity.
Well, that is more or less what I plan to attempt as soon as the scripts are available again. Here's hoping it works out!
Toksyuryel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight[Tay] on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Don't keep your hopes high on available scripts. It's likely they won't be publicised within the community.

Twilight[Tay]
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toksyuryel on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Twiley wrote:Don't keep your hopes high on available scripts. It's likely they won't be publicised within the community.
Why? That doesn't make any sense, isn't this whole thing a community effort anyway? Not to mention the directions clearly state to read through the relevant script before using any file. Why would they try to hide the scripts like that?
Toksyuryel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight[Tay] on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:28 am

It's not hiding the scripts. The whole thing is, as you said, a community effort, but there are some things kept within the voicebros themselves. That seems to be one.

Anyway, check out one of my previous posts for the v2.0 Twilight file. I need to edit it a bit, but that file is for a check of the audio clarity. The voice should be easier to hear.

Oh, ignore that. The hosting site is shut down :/

Twilight[Tay]
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Star on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a version of the FemV 2.0 file (though this one is the .mp4 version I have on my HDD for iTunes) We'll update the link on the filelist eventually.

Bright Star
Admin
Admin

Bits : 2991

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Click] |Princess Téa| {d3rpy} _Icelight_ =CrystalShy= -p1nkiepie- ~App1eJ~ +Disc0rd+ ?B4bs? ^3pony^ \Little Soarin\
Form: [EarthColt] |AlicornPrincess| {FillyPegasus} _CrystalAlicorn_ -CrystalPegasus- -EarthPony- ~EarthPony~ +StainGlassDraconequus+ ?EarthFilly? ^MiniatureEponaPony^ \ColtPegasus\

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toksyuryel on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:58 am

Bright Star wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a version of the FemV 2.0 file (though this one is the .mp4 version I have on my HDD for iTunes) We'll update the link on the filelist eventually.
Alright downloaded it thanks. I'll try it tonight or tomorrow when I get some time. .mp4 and .m4a are fine, .m4p is where problems lie!
Toksyuryel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy-Rex on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:00 am

Twiley wrote:It's not hiding the scripts. The whole thing is, as you said, a community effort, but there are some things kept within the voicebros themselves. That seems to be one.
That makes no sense. it would be very interesting to know why.
Billy-Rex
Applejack
Applejack

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Twilight[Tay] on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:23 am

Billy-Rex wrote:
Twiley wrote:It's not hiding the scripts. The whole thing is, as you said, a community effort, but there are some things kept within the voicebros themselves. That seems to be one.
That makes no sense. it would be very interesting to know why.
I guess you could ask them. Just PM somepony like Moondust or ask one of them in the IRC.

Twilight[Tay]
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content