Making a Personal File

Go down

Making a Personal File

Post by Starlight Eclipse on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:30 pm

I've decided to start working on writing a personal file. I first want to know what exactly should go in the file before actually writing anything. I also don't want to wind up writing a file that could hurt me. What sort of things should and should not be in a file?

True self
True self

Bits : 784

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Wubs]/{Black Dragoness}/-Discord-
Form: Baby Pony Changling/Jeweled Black Dragon/Chimera

View user profile http://heroesnetwork.tk

Back to top Go down

Re: Making a Personal File

Post by Dapper[Twily]{Spike} on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:45 pm

It's hard to say exactly what you're going to want to avoid putting into a file. Keep in mind, though, that whatever is said in the file will play out in your mind the way your mind perceives it.

If you're not too experienced in writing files or hypnotic dialogue, I'd suggest having somepony with a bit more experience in doing such write it for you. Badly written hypnotic dialogue can ruin somepony. Even the lack of a few words can change the outcome entirely. 

Think of it like a complex math problem: If you falter in one part, you're not getting the right answer. In hypnosis, if you forget something, the pony in the trance isn't going to wake up in the same mentality as expected, or perhaps they'll wake up in an entirely different one than desired. It's one thing if you get the wrong answer to a math problem: you can go back, fix it really quickly under a teacher's guidance, and get the right answer without anyone being hurt. With hypnosis, it's someone's life on the line. If you mess up and you can't figure out what you did wrong, you just messed someone up. And even if you do fix it, it still effected their life while the messup was active.

True self
True self

Bits : 860

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Gummy]{Twilight}|Derp|
Form: Aligator, Pony, Pony

View user profile http://hypnoponies.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JusticeNight on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:13 pm

I agree with Twilight. As a relative of a hypnotherapist - a hypnotherapist who has known a fellow colleague who messed somebody's life up pretty bad - I would advise against making your own script without help from a professional. One bit of advise - Never, ever, EVER, nevereverever, use negative imagery no matter what. That is extremely dangerous, and it could be triggered by things only REMOTELY what the negative imagery was supposed to target.

Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Shard on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:17 pm

A file to help you find your true self would require you knowing yourself to write one. So personally I would stick with the generic files.

You can try to write one do for self exploration reasons. But I would not use such file. It would set you in stone. While you are still exploring yourself. You will see that your written file will change drastic over time.

True self

Bits : 1655

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Wolf
Form: A wolf. Occasionally a pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Eclipse on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:02 pm

Valid points, all of you. I think for now it would just be best to learn more about myself and possibly use generic files for now. Thank you for the advice.

True self
True self

Bits : 784

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Wubs]/{Black Dragoness}/-Discord-
Form: Baby Pony Changling/Jeweled Black Dragon/Chimera

View user profile http://heroesnetwork.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down