Shyness

Go down

Shyness

Post by DrGuthrie on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Hey guys I know it has been one day sense my first Journal Entry but that wasn't really a Journal entry so I decided to make a reall one this time.

Anyway so a big problem that kind of occurs when you decide to be shy pony is you become shy. Kind of obvious and I am sure you guys perfectly understood this when you decided who to become. Depending on how far you have gone through with this or if you were shy before you might have realized how hard it is to be shy in this world. Life today is super social everyone expects people to want to reach out and and be super social and stuff. Now sense this is what people expect when people are not how other people expect them to be then they are considered weird and wrong. This is super sad because it means thousands of introverts are being picked on, made fun of, and just thought of as weird.
So the first thing I want you guys to understand is you are not weird for being introverted and don't let anyone tell you different (I'm not telling you to get mad at someone because of this because that would be a little mean but you can if you want to I guess) half of the people on earth are introverts so that's not weird it's just that the world is very stereotypical. Now another thing this new shyness brings up is it is probably super hard to interact with people you do not know well or just converse a lot to people in general. This can easily bring on feelings of loneliness and just depression because you are feeling unwanted or ignored.
If you are getting that feeling then strip that thought right out of you head if you don't mind. You are not unwanted or being ignored it is just kind of hard to befriend the quite kid. What you can do is learn to cope with the shyness or you could get rid of it all together. The second option would be a lot harder and it kind of takes away something that makes you different you can still get rid of the shy feeling if you want that is no problem. As for me I went with the first option by learning to cope with it. Instead of being a really good talker I became a really good listener. I was always there when people needed to talk to someone even though I never talked much back sometimes just being there for a person can make you feel better. This works out great because you don't really have to talk a lot to people you don't know yet you still get to learn about them plus if they are interested enough they will make the time to become friends with you. That how I have all my friends they all took the time to get to know me which really meant a lot to me because it did make me feel wanted.

Also a book that really helped me and I suggest you read if you want to go down this rabbit hole or pony hole is Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. It is a really good book that helped me through a lot of my problems and helped me find a little bit about myself.

Moral of the Day: You are not weird because you are introverted in fact you should accept it for something that make you you and when it causes problems learn to cope with it and remember to overcome it now and then if you want reach out to people who need to be reached out to.

Thanks for reading and sorry if I sounded conceded or mean during this remember I am open for questions or help if you want.

Wink

Last edited by DrGuthrie on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
DrGuthrie
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Bits : 229

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shyness

Post by Star Shard on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Wise words

True self

Bits : 1655

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Wolf
Form: A wolf. Occasionally a pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGuthrie on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:39 pm

Thank you I try to say some of this seriously a lot but I feel like it sounds cheesy so you saying that really helps me sorry.

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden_Palace on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:04 pm

DrGuthrie wrote:you might have realized how hard it is to be shy in this world. Life today is super social everyone expects people to want to reach out and and be super social and stuff. Now sense this is what people expect when people are not how other people expect them to be then they are considered weird and wrong. This is super sad because it means thousands of introverts are being picked on, made fun of, and just thought of as weird.
I Know that Feeling, Dealt with it all my Life actually, When I was young I closed myself off because I was constantly Picked on, Made fun of...  and The Friends I had when I was younger only wanted me around because I had something they didn't and would always want to come over not for me... but for That thing...

It wasn't until I got almost through High School that I started wanting my Life back...

The Toughest time for a person is Growing up from Child to Adult, You learn Social Skills and other various forms of knowledge from School, But in hindsight for some people (Like Me)  The School can give you the feeling the World is Cruel and Dark... And when you go alone for so long you tend to draw yourself into your own mind because thats the place where no one should be able to hurt you...

I'm not saying my choice of action was the best on my part Far From it...  But at the same time, when you are picked on, beaten up, bullied, and No one Will help you...  (I.E. Teachers not Acknowledging Just HOW Bad it is)  You feel as if You're Alone...

You're not Alone... I know what it feels like to be Considered a Runt of Society so to speak...

I learned to deal with the factor that My Own Actions are what caused me to be Reclusive, At times Anti-Social, Socially Awkward, and Very Timid to people I don't know because I'm so used to being Rejected...

I'm a friendly ear when people need one, And I applaud you DrGuthrie For what you have Said here in this topic.
Hidden_Palace

Bits : 63

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGuthrie on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:05 am

Oh thank you very much those are very wise words and I am happy you understand this message perfectly. I hope I helped you in anyway and I wish you luck with your journey

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hidden_Palace on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:53 am

DrGuthrie wrote:Oh thank you very much those are very wise words and I am happy you understand this message perfectly. I hope I helped you in anyway and I wish you luck with your journey
No worries, And I hope My Journey get's better...  I've had a Bad Year and My Birthday is coming up Next Weekend.  So It goes uphill from here
Hidden_Palace

Bits : 63

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGuthrie on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:54 am

Hopefully as long as you keep the right mind it will.

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theleech1 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:57 am

If I was good at wording stuff and explaining stuff this would be extremely close to how I would explain what growing up was like for me. The main difference is that I managed to get really lucky in school and the one time someone tried to pick on me every other student in the class stood-up for me. 

Also your moral of the day reminds me of how I came to the conclusion I was weird by myself instead of being called weird but very little of that has to do with my shyness it was more of during one of those moments where I just look back at some of the stuff I like and compare how I react to it to how everyone else reacts to it
theleech1
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Bits : 636

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: pinkiejack
Form: a mix of pinkie pie and applejack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGuthrie on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:55 am

theleech1 wrote:If I was good at wording stuff and explaining stuff this would be extremely close to how I would explain what growing up was like for me. The main difference is that I managed to get really lucky in school and the one time someone tried to pick on me every other student in the class stood-up for me. 

Also your moral of the day reminds me of how I came to the conclusion I was weird by myself instead of being called weird but very little of that has to do with my shyness it was more of during one of those moments where I just look back at some of the stuff I like and compare how I react to it to how everyone else reacts to it
Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean you guys weren't weird in a good way because everyone is a little bit weird I meant more of as weird in a bad way sorry I don't know if I explained it well hopefully you undertook what I meant sorry.

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theleech1 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:25 am

I understand what you meant it's just that I'm kind of weird in a weird way not really good or bad
theleech1
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Bits : 636

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: pinkiejack
Form: a mix of pinkie pie and applejack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGuthrie on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:41 am

Honestly I think being weird is a good thing it isn't good when it leads to being picked and made fun of but at the same time it makes you unique because everyone is weird in their own way. No one is perfectly normal intact if there was someone like that they would by fact be clinically insane. So it seems that people striving to be normal are striving to be insane. Wow I think I just confused myself sorry
 Fs Shrug

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sandwich on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:25 am

DrGuthrie wrote:
Anyway so a big problem that kind of occurs when you decide to be shy pony is you become shy. Kind of obvious and I am sure you guys perfectly understood this when you decided who to become.

Yep! that's pretty much it :3 Kind of like you you wanna be a superly-duper-hyperactive-fun-pink-party-pony you become a superly-duper-hyperactive-fun-pink-party-pony! and so on and so forth! *hugs* do you have a Skype? id love to talk to you :3

I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned
Cheese Sandwich
Cheese Sandwich
Cheese Sandwich

Bits : 2958
Location : I travel, my location is anywhere were theres a need for a party!

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Spectra}/-Ne'a-
Form: Ponies

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SpectraPony

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGuthrie on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:48 am

Yes I do in fact that is another way anyone can reach me my Skype is DrGuthrie I thing drguthrie12 will pop up either way feel free to add me.

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entarasu on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Perfect words, beautifully spoken. You seem like a very verbose pony, to be honest. You speak of shyness, yet seem rather open, not that that is a bad thing.

I myself am normally an unusually quiet person. I sit back and observe the vast majority of the time, so I know ever so much how being shy, or just plain quiet works. Your words ring with truth. There are often times where I just wish others would interact with me, and those times are often when I am most depressed. I have been trying as of late to be more open and talkative, which has worked wonders for me, until I revert to my usual quiet self.

I often just try to look at the bright side of life, see what I am grateful for, and try to cheer myself up that way. But also do exactly as you stated. I listen, and that does help a great deal.

Keep an open heart and mind, be with and learn from those you love,
~Entarasu
Entarasu

Bits : 194

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGuthrie on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:10 pm

Thank you for your input it really helps and I surprised I have seemed open during this I guess it is just easier to type how I feel it is sort of different. You as well seem very verbose in the words you choose so even though you might be quite in reall life at least you can express how you feel through this. In that regards you and I are very alike and as you are able to overcome your shyness from time to time instead of letting it constrict you I am happy for you thanks.

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum