Think, Freak, Achieve

Go down

Think, Freak, Achieve

Post by DrGuthrie on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:26 am

Hey guys it's been a couple days so I guess it is time for another journal post. I have been fairly busy this weekend I had a District Swim Meet, Team Dinner, and a Birthday Party spread out around the weekend. This got me think a lot about my nerves because each one of these events made me sort of freak out.

Now during this journey you guys have or at least will come across times where you are so nervous it is unbearable. Don't worry every single person in the world will be nervous at least once in their life it is just because everyone just naturally wants to be accepted and loved because being loved feels nice. So whenever we are thrown into a spotlight or ask to do something important a fear just sorts of builds up inside because we are scared of failing and disappointing people leading to rejection.
    This is all normal but it is much worse for everyone who chooses this path because being suck a scared type of person who doesn't like to let others down you are going to get nervous a lot. Don't worry this is only bad if you never get through the nerves and in the end accomplish what you need to do. Please don think I am a exception to this because I am teaching it I getting the bad nerves on a daily basis and although most of the time I get through them but sometimes I don't it is just a thing everyone will face in like Fluttershy or not.
    All you need to do is realize that most of these nervous feelings are in you head an things will probably not go as bad as you think they will. Once you realize this you can overcome your nerves and do what you need to do. All these things I had to do over the weekend I was nervous to do but because I made the choice to not let them overcome me I was able to qualify for swimming regionals, support my team at a dinner celebration even though I was really awkward, and have fun with a good friend at their birthday party even though there were some people there I didn't know and I was scared to look dumb.

Moral of the Day: On your journal it is a fact that you will face nervousness many times but as long as you do not let it constrict you and stop you from doing the things you need to do you can learn to live with it.

Sorry if I sounded conceded or was offensive in any way during this but most of all I hope I helped you in any way remember don't be afraid to talk to me or ask questions I will not judge.
Thanks and Sorry

Last edited by DrGuthrie on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:39 pm; edited 3 times in total

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Bits : 229

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Think, Freak, Achieve

Post by DrGuthrie on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38 am

(Guys sorry for the double post I just wanted to thank all of you for supporting me even though I have not been here to long it has been super hard for me to finally make this decision out of fear I wouldn't be liked but I am happy I did because I have found a groups of such nice people or ponies so thanks and I am looking forward for what's to come.)
 Fs Smug

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entarasu on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:58 am

I concur that this group is so very amazing and wonderful, and that is probably why you are able to overcome, at least a large portion, of your shyness here and give such great advice.

Everything you say is true, and nervousness/shyness is something most everypony will have to work through at some point in their life. Very good advice, and I agree with it completely.

Working through tough situations will always be a part of life, learning to handle then will help out in many aspects of it, and lead to an overall better and happier lifestyle.

That is to say, I am not saying not to be shy, or stay away from situations that make you uncomfortable, as DrGuthrie said, just learning the proper steps to working through them is all that matters. Making great friends and letting them help will also make any life choices or paths easier to follow, so never be afraid to ask someone close.

As for being there, I have learned that that is what this community does. Most everyone will always be here to help you through anything. And I for one am happy to be here and help in any way I can. I love this community, and every single pony in it.

Working through tough times for a better tomorrow,
~Entarasu
Entarasu

Bits : 194

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sandwich on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:33 am

Thank you DrGuthrie For your wonderful advice! ^-^

I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned
Cheese Sandwich
Cheese Sandwich
Cheese Sandwich

Bits : 2958
Location : I travel, my location is anywhere were theres a need for a party!

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Spectra}/-Ne'a-
Form: Ponies

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SpectraPony

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGuthrie on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:44 am

Thank you guys very much for you replies they really help not only teach me a little and to let me know more about you guys but it also helps me see that me doing this actually helps and makes a difference thanks.

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum