Family Ties Not Family Tied Up

Go down

Family Ties Not Family Tied Up

Post by DrGuthrie on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:32 am

Hey guys I randomly thought of the parent trap which lead me to think about family which in turn lead me to a topic so it is journal time.

So guys family is one of the most important groups you will be in your life and no matter what you can't leave a family. It's like a blood brotherhood you can't leave but instead you must keep the brotherhood with love and affection. Lame analogies aside no matter what you should love your family like they love you.
    Now through my life I have had a hard time breaking family expectations of who you should be. This is just a fact no one will judge you more then your family but they have the right to judge because although I don't really like the idea of judging people you are still going to be with these people your whole life so they obviously want to have an idea of who you are. This leads to them not only knowing you but also them coming up the conclusion whether you are who you need to be. So a lot of people try to impress their family as much as possible.
    Through my experience my family have constantly told me that being the way I am is not right and I will never be successful like this. This was not something they said to hurt me or not make me upset it was just them being concerned about my future and well being. What I am going to tell you is don't let your family get in the way of who you are meant to be and to not be stuck trying to impress them or pretend to them. Just be yourself and if you tell them this is you even through concern they will accept you and love you for who you are as long as you are happy with it. At the same time you should return your affection to your family and keep your ties with them because they love you and you love them.

Moral of the Day: Always love your family but don't let them keep you from being yourself and realize when they want you to change it is because they are concerned about you.

Thanks for reading I hope I helped in any way.
 Fs Smug

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Bits : 229

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Family Ties Not Family Tied Up

Post by theleech1 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:05 am

I actually found a way to try to impress them while being myself by trying to be one of the best at games in the world and even though I'm a long way from that I can still halfway impress them with how good I am now. The unimpressed part of them says that it can't help in life in any way.
theleech1
Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Bits : 636

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: pinkiejack
Form: a mix of pinkie pie and applejack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGuthrie on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:44 am

It is good when you can find a perfect balance like this where you can impress your family by being yourself the real problem with impressing your family though is if you give up who you are to do it sorry.

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Bits : 229

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum