Letters to Celestia - 01

Go down

Letters to Celestia - 01

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:08 pm

I have for some time now been privately answering the letters of ponies from our herd who have had questions.  Sometimes those questions have dealt with real-life issues and problems, some times they have been deeply philosophical.

Most of the questions are questions that touch a great number of us... and rather than just keep the answers solely for the pony who asked them, it seems a good idea to create an anonymous "advice column" within my public journal for questions and answers I feel might benefit other ponies as well.  (Do not worry, the identity of those who write letters to me will always be kept in the strictest of confidence -- barring that the safety of our Equestria.)

Recently I received a letter that asked simply,
"Do I have a Purpose?"

Dear Little Pony,

I have once read a very wise human being state, "The meaning of life is to give life meaning."

As simple as that thought is... ...whenever I find myself coming back to asking my own self what my relevance may be, I always find that whatever I settle-upon as my own "purpose" has validity so long as I give it validity.

So, the question that I would encourage you to think upon for at least a week is, "What purpose would you want your life to fulfill?"  (Even if as you grow and evolve, that purpose evolves, or even changes completely.)

I can tell you that I have found my own greatest meaning by striving to give to others that which I myself wished I had been given... to be for others that which I had so dearly wished somepony had been able to have been for me.  It is in striving to do this that I have found that I have accomplished the greatest amount of good.

~Princess Celestia

Back to top Go down

Re: Letters to Celestia - 01

Post by Entarasu on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:45 pm

As always, a very majestic and noble outlook on a complicated matter. As is to be expected from someone with such a beautiful spirit.

That quote is quite impressive, and possibly a my new favorite perspective to take on that question. It has always been one of my life standards that one has to make his own destiny, and I guess by extension, making their own purpose for life as well.

I don't believe I have found my exact purpose or made one for myself quite yet, but I do know that I love sharing my experiences to help others, as well as obtaining new experiences.

Maybe my purpose is to obtain as many differing types of experiences as possible (both good and bad), and sharing the outcomes and life values with those I care for. Spreading knowledge and happiness to those around me. I don't believe I am too good at this quite yet, but I am always hungry to learn new things and try everything I can in this world.

Anyhow, back on the subject. I believe every single pony has a purpose, and hope that young pony finds or creates a purpose of their own so they may live in peace and strive to keep that purpose alive.

The purpose of life is a life of purpose,
~Entarasu
Entarasu

Bits : 194

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:34 am

I actually saw a quote in a science class at my school that read: 'It doesnt have many years are in your life, its how much life are in your years'

My Family of Tulpa
Vergil
True self
True self

Bits : 685

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Joyce, Amy, Skylar, Glacia, Celestia
Form: Pegasus/Purple Dragoness,Latias,Latios,Celestia, Articuno

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVergil117

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:16 am

Thank you Entarasu. *smiles gently*  It is simply what I began to discover empirically when I began to move into more and more leadership roles around fifteen years ago... ...as I moved from being a solely a learner into also being a guide and a guardian.  (For I am a learner still -- and probably forever shall be. Wink   )

And regarding finding one's Purpose... ...why that to me seems so very much like finding one's Cuite Mark. *smiles*

Patience... enjoy the journey and all the sights your own personal journey brings to you along your way.

And yes, I too very much agree that everypony has a purpose, and is vital to the whole.

Spike and I were chatting about this yesterday evening and he voiced the thought that we each are like words in a poem or notes in a song.  Remove even a single note or word and it completely changes the work.  Thus, we _all_ have importance to be just what we are... _whatever_ that may be.

And Virgil, how lovely to hear from you again!  I am glad to see that you are doing well!

And what a lovely, so-very-true quote, "It doesn't have many years are in your life, its how much life are in your years."

I agree wholeheartedly!

Namaste!
~Princess Celestia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum