Salutations!

Go down

Salutations!

Post by Eldamaur on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Hello everyone!  My name is Eldamaur, and I'm interested in learning self-hypnotism, with pony hypnotism being my starting point.  I've tried this before, back when this was on a Google Document, with the Twilight Sparkle file.  I got some minor results after a few listens (a pressure on the center of my forehead during the horn part) but not too much, and I stopped when I began to make a tulpa.

Speaking of which, I've been creating a tulpa for roughly ten months now.  I've done a bit with tulpa.info, but my natural skepticism and doubt tend to make progress slow, even though I have no doubt that such things are perfectly possible.  I'm expecting myself to have some difficulties here as well, but hope to get past them through discipline and commitment.  That said, though, I'd greatly appreciate any advice on how to do this in the most controlled, logical, and efficient way possible.  If you couldn't tell from that last sentence, I'm most definitely doing to be using the Twilight Sparkle files again.

I've always had an intense fascination with the mind, and so things like this, the creation of a tulpa, and lucid dreaming are right up my alley.  I'm hoping to learn a lot from you folks, and perhaps contribute a bit if I find a way to do so.  I'm looking forward to all the learning there is to do here, and have high hopes for the months to come.
Eldamaur
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 15

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Aeterna
Form: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Salutations!

Post by Milano on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:53 pm

Welcome! I hope that you have a great time here, and if you ever have any questions don't be afraid to ask. Hope you make some great discoveries about yourself while you are here.

Bits : 48

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Mane6, Twesa, Reed
Form: Pony or Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KrazyDashie on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:23 pm

welcome!

-stay awesome :3
- [keeeepppp smiling :DD]
-{eat muffins ;D}

achievements:
achievements:
"who needs exit triggers?"
"oh and you were so close!"
"elements of harmony"
"Create: Vegetarian"
"But... Bacon"
"pinkie's mind"
"Twitchi Twitch"
"Identity Theft"
"They're Calling Me Names"

*has a lot more than this*
KrazyDashie

Bits : 3327

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [pinkie] {derpy} -rarity-
Form: earth pony, pegasus, unicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheese Sandwich on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi there new pony! welcom to the forums! ANNNND heres your welcome gift! *hoofs you a cake*

I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned
Cheese Sandwich
Cheese Sandwich
Cheese Sandwich

Bits : 2958
Location : I travel, my location is anywhere were theres a need for a party!

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Spectra}/-Ne'a-
Form: Ponies

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SpectraPony

Back to top Go down

Post by Entarasu on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Greetings Eldamaur.

Welcome to our community. I am happy to hear of your fascination with minds, as that is a particular subject I personally love and try to explore as much as possible.

I'd also love to hear of your past experiences with both hypnosis as well as tulpae. I've been having a decent amount of progress with my own, and have been working on her for roughly 4 months.

As for choosing Twilight, welcome aboard, its always nice to have another local purple pony join the ranks. You should contact Spitfire, Soarin, Luna, or any of the other moderators to request a journal so you may keep track of your progress within this community and share your experiences. I know I would love to hear of them.

Namaste little pony,
~Entarasu
Entarasu

Bits : 194

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Eclipse on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:38 pm

Hello and welcome.

True self
True self

Bits : 784

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Wubs]/{Black Dragoness}/-Discord-
Form: Baby Pony Changling/Jeweled Black Dragon/Chimera

View user profile http://heroesnetwork.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldamaur on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 am

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!  It seems like there's quite the nice and supportive community around here.
Eldamaur
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldamaur on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:35 am

Entarasu wrote:Greetings Eldamaur.

Welcome to our community. I am happy to hear of your fascination with minds, as that is a particular subject I personally love and try to explore as much as possible.

I'd also love to hear of your past experiences with both hypnosis as well as tulpae. I've been having a decent amount of progress with my own, and have been working on her for roughly 4 months.

As for choosing Twilight, welcome aboard, its always nice to have another local purple pony join the ranks. You should contact Spitfire, Soarin, Luna, or any of the other moderators to request a journal so you may keep track of your progress within this community and share your experiences. I know I would love to hear of them.

Namaste little pony,
~Entarasu

I'd be happy to share what I've done so far, though I'm very far from an expert of any kind.  Please feel free to message me privately whenever you'd like to have a chat.

Regarding the creation of a journal, though, I'm not so sure.  I previously made a Tumblr back when I first began working on Aeterna (my tulpa), which I kept up with daily for a month and less frequently for some time after that.  However, I stopped posting on it because it was causing me to analyze everything very thoroughly, in order to present my findings in the best possible manner on the blog.  With something like the creation of a tulpa over-analyzing like that can do much more harm than good, since there's very little in the way of good concrete evidence and facts for progress and questioning the things that happen can invite harmful doubt.  I worry that a journal for this endeavor would be similar, in that I'd be looking at everything from such an analytic point of view and questioning so many things that it'd make it more difficult to be properly hypnotized.  Do you think that'd potentially be harmful to learning hypnosis, or would it be fine regardless of how much you allow yourself to sit back and "just believe"?
Eldamaur
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entarasu on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:03 am

Eldamaur wrote:
I worry that a journal for this endeavor would be similar, in that I'd be looking at everything from such an analytic point of view and questioning so many things that it'd make it more difficult to be properly hypnotized.  Do you think that'd potentially be harmful to learning hypnosis, or would it be fine regardless of how much you allow yourself to sit back and "just believe"?

There are several ways top view this question. First off, every mind is different, and will reat to hypnosis in vastly deferring ways, regardless of logical and analytical standpoints and/or views. I myself have a very analytical and logical mind that views everything in a rather specific manner, sometimes annoyingly so, but the real key to hypnosis is belief and want. No matter how illogical you may view it to be, or how much proof you have against it, if you truly believe and want it to work, the only tools you need are time and perseverance.

There are even inductions created specifically for ponies of mindsets like ours, and I am sure if you asked, one of the moderators would help you create an appropriate induction. These inductions are usually referred to as inductions using the "confusion" method, which takes analytical minds and breaks them down, analyzing multiple things until it makes room for the actual relaxing portion, without the user even realizing it. As for learning hypnosis, your specific mindset would be very beneficial, as you can much more easily find small variances in scripts, help improve existing scripts for yourself, or others, as well as create more exact full inductions, as you will take many more details into account over the standard script creator. Your mindset could possibly even allow for a more precise and effective "confusion" induction, maybe preparing one for yourself, more custom suit, or an induction to help other members of this community.

In short, I believe the answer is "no," The type of mindset you have described yourself as having should not harm any progress you want and believe to happen, and is beneficial to the actual learning of hypnosis.

Carry on future Twilight,
~Entarasu
Entarasu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldamaur on Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:22 am

Entarasu wrote:There are several ways top view this question. First off, every mind is different, and will reat to hypnosis in vastly deferring ways, regardless of logical and analytical standpoints and/or views. I myself have a very analytical and logical mind that views everything in a rather specific manner, sometimes annoyingly so, but the real key to hypnosis is belief and want. No matter how illogical you may view it to be, or how much proof you have against it, if you truly believe and want it to work, the only tools you need are time and perseverance.

There are even inductions created specifically for ponies of mindsets like ours, and I am sure if you asked, one of the moderators would help you create an appropriate induction. These inductions are usually referred to as inductions using the "confusion" method, which takes analytical minds and breaks them down, analyzing multiple things until it makes room for the actual relaxing portion, without the user even realizing it. As for learning hypnosis, your specific mindset would be very beneficial, as you can much more easily find small variances in scripts, help improve existing scripts for yourself, or others, as well as create more exact full inductions, as you will take many more details into account over the standard script creator. Your mindset could possibly even allow for a more precise and effective "confusion" induction, maybe preparing one for yourself, more custom suit, or an induction to help other members of this community.

In short, I believe the answer is "no," The type of mindset you have described yourself as having should not harm any progress you want and believe to happen, and is beneficial to the actual learning of hypnosis.

Carry on future Twilight,
~Entarasu

That's very helpful, thanks.  I'm a bit skeptical about using inductions to "break down" my mind, but I'll research it a bit and see what merit it holds.  I wasn't aware that making ones own script was a normal thing to do, though I can see it being very beneficial since it'd be more tailored to the individual.  I'll have to look into that as well.  Do you recommend using the induction files in the Spellbooks and Files section before trying to make a custom script, or do you believe it'd be alright to start with custom?  My apologies if all these questions become tedious, but I like to know as much as I possibly can about things like this so that I can make informed decisions.  Thanks again for your assistance.
Eldamaur
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Tulpa Sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Entarasu on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:10 am

Eldamaur wrote:That's very helpful, thanks.  I'm a bit skeptical about using inductions to "break down" my mind, but I'll research it a bit and see what merit it holds.  I wasn't aware that making ones own script was a normal thing to do, though I can see it being very beneficial since it'd be more tailored to the individual.  I'll have to look into that as well.  Do you recommend using the induction files in the Spellbooks and Files section before trying to make a custom script, or do you believe it'd be alright to start with custom?  My apologies if all these questions become tedious, but I like to know as much as I possibly can about things like this so that I can make informed decisions.  Thanks again for your assistance.

These questions are not at all tedious, and I, in fact, rather like answering such questions, as they may not only be beneficial or helpful to you, but others in this community. As for your new questions and concerns:

I apologize for the way I worded my explanation. I did not mean they "break down" your mind, rather that the mentioned inductions are specifically tailored to help bypass the complex and intricate thoughts normally maintained within a deeply logical and analytical mind, making the hypnosis much more effective via an artificial confusion, allowing the files to more directly influence your subconscious.

As for listening to the inductions and files listed on this site, I indeed would personally highly recommend listening to these files and inductions before creating your own. This will give you an idea of an actual induction in action, rather than basing your own work off of assumptions and hypotheses. Seeing an actual script at work will help greatly in your own custom creations.

Also, as a side note, I do always suggest listening to any files/inductions you download prior to actually listening to achieve trance and results. This should be done with any file to check for anything that would make you uncomfortable, and listen and know the exact changes and/or additions the file will be making to you before they actually take effect. Once you approve the file and everything it is supposed to do, you may either listen to achieve trance and results, or take notes on that specific file and script's uses and techniques of induction, trance, and changes to better improve your own custom file.

With warmth and light,
~Entarasu
Entarasu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum