[SPOILER] Episode Discussion: MLP S4E16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

Go down

[SPOILER] Episode Discussion: MLP S4E16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

Post by Soarin on Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:46 am

It's an episode about cute little breezies. Try not to explode from cuteness overload.

Rules:

1. From this post on, expect spoilers so please watch the episode(s) before continuing.

2. Keep it related to this episode (and previous episodes if drawing conclusions).

3. Don't spoil any leaks of future episodes (and for fairness sake, trailers for upcoming episodes).

4. Be civil. Keep the discussion show-related.

"It's always darkest before the dawn."
Soarin
Admin
Admin

Bits : 1197

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Lightning/Ra1nbat/Filly Pie/Applejack/Rarity/Fluttershy/Scoota100/SweetieByt3
Form: Unknown/Bat Pony/Filly Earth Pony/Earth Pony/Unicorn/Pegasus/Filly Pegasus/Filly Unicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [SPOILER] Episode Discussion: MLP S4E16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

Post by Star Shard on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Meh, they were more annoying butterflies.

But it was nice to see Flitter and Thunderlane again.

True self

Bits : 1655

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Wolf
Form: A wolf. Occasionally a pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilda_Griffon on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:40 pm

What I loved was Seabreeze, the transformation for the Mane 6 from pony to Breezies to help the others return home and Rainbow Dash's curiosity of becoming a Griffon or a Dragon after the whole thing. I also loved that Fluttershy also got her key which this theory broke the theory I had for the previous keys. The Breezies in this episode are much cuter then the Breezies of G3.

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/rockstar-games-remove-the-bad-sport-system-in-gta-online Sign if you want the Bad Sport system removed.
Gilda_Griffon

Bits : 39

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Glint
Form: Alicorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrescentStar{Digi} on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:57 pm

-Analyzing "It ain't easy being Breezies."-

Honestly I saw that this was a flutter rainbow item since the beginning. I enjoyed the opening skit, a good throw back to the louder scene in Sonic Rainboom. I was hoping they would have done something a little bit more 1 pony based with flutter and the breezies but that is fine. It was also nice to see how the pegasi helped with creating wind, though I wonder how they kept still wile creating the light breezes. 
  The only bad thing I had against the episode was that the resolution to the breezy's problem was right there in front of their face, they could have simply just taken the breezies manually to their brethren and it wouldn't have affected anything. Heck I think they coulda done that from the beginning and nothing negatively would have been done. I guess it was just tradition? I also couldn't stand the fact that the rest of the town wasn't on the ball for getting the breezies to continue their journey seeing as how the window was so small..
   Of course it being a fluttershy episode they had to make it the same format as almost every flutter episode; Fluttershy gets bullied in some way, or just influenced to do something she is oblivious to, flutter goes along with it, then the episode ends with her relearning how to assert herself. Of course this isn't a bad thing and during the episode I was almost oblivious to this statement as the lead breezie was being the more aggressive one wile the rest were more passive-aggressive. This offset the feeling and made flutter seem a bit more assertive against the main breezie.
  I also think the word toyetic comes to mind here. I noticed myself saying 'how toyetic' throughout the episode. Nothing shouted this more then seeing the main six as breezies. It isn't a bad thing but I look back at them being breezies and think 'that would have been a better episode if they were breezies the whole time and had to resolve the situation as flutterponies.
  Overall I would have to rate this in the top half of my favorite episodes of season 4. It wasn't the greatest by far but it sure was better then the last couple episodes we had by far.
CrescentStar{Digi}
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 305

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Digi
Form: Pegasis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonblaze on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:59 pm

I think you're missing a key point... uh, Cresent? Digi? Sorry, I'm new here and all.

Anyway, Fluttershy wasn't being bullied. She may have been manipulated to some degree, but that was a long way from the point. And what she learned here wasn't that she needed to be assertive.

Fluttershy was doing her best to be as compassionate, but her compassion was actually hurting those she was trying to help. Sea Breeze was an important counter point, and not just when flew off on his own. He and Fluttershy both had them same goal, to help the Breezies. However they had polar opposite but equally unhelpful methods.

Fluttershy learned that being compassionate (Kindness!) doesn't always mean being comforting. Sometimes you have to be hard and tell your friends to buck up, because that's what's best for them. While Sea Breeze learned that there's a line between saying something for their own good and just being rude. Even if you're saying it with the right intent, your message can quickly become lost. (Sounding much like a flame war?)

I actually found the breezies to be annoying as all Tartarus, but I throughly enjoyed seeing one of the finer points of Kindness put on display, even if I saw where it was going. Overall, didn't really enjoy the ride too much but loved the point being made, so I liked it.
Moonblaze

Bits : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrGuthrie on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Honestly I didn't like this episode it didn't make any sense a lot of the jokes were repeated or just fell flat the moral again was a repeated one I found the breezies more terrifying and annoying then cute also the plan of turning themselves into breezies really didn't make any sense considering they only added 6 extra breezies to the group when they couldn't stay together when there were thousands of them. On top of that Fluttershy's key or special item is strange what if she forgets to water it and take care of it and it dies can they no longer open the box? I don't know sorry I am so harsh on this episode I just did not like it at all.

Fluttershy
Fluttershy

Bits : 229

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Eclipse on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:55 am

I like the episode, the breezies were my favorites when I was a little girl. I also liked how they could speak, even if it's mostly another language, it made them more interesting. The Mane6 as breezies was pretty cool too, I also liked Dash asking to become other things at the end.

A note about the keys, I think these particular keys are just items showing they've learned a valuable lesson. I highly doubt that they are going to unlock the box with such items as thread, a rubber chicken, and a flower (how would some even fit in the keyholes?). I bet the actual keys show up later.

True self
True self

Bits : 784

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Wubs]/{Black Dragoness}/-Discord-
Form: Baby Pony Changling/Jeweled Black Dragon/Chimera

View user profile http://heroesnetwork.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by platinum on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:15 am

Starlight Eclipse wrote:A note about the keys, I think these particular keys are just items showing they've learned a valuable lesson. I highly doubt that they are going to unlock the box with such items as thread, a rubber chicken, and a flower (how would some even fit in the keyholes?). I bet the actual keys show up later.
They could easily just flash of light magic the items into their proper key shapes when Twilight really really needs to open the box or villain of the finale wins.
platinum
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 1624

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Midnight/Dawn/Roseluck
Form: anime girl/wolf girl/Roseluck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrescentStar{Digi} on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Moon blaze;

My name is Crescent Star, Digi is my tulpa. Anyways the point your referring to was basically me stating that she gets manipulated into doing something. In this case the breezes played the victim card in order for her to give them special treatment.
CrescentStar{Digi}
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Bits : 305

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: Digi
Form: Pegasis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Eclipse on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:14 pm

platinum wrote:
Starlight Eclipse wrote:A note about the keys, I think these particular keys are just items showing they've learned a valuable lesson. I highly doubt that they are going to unlock the box with such items as thread, a rubber chicken, and a flower (how would some even fit in the keyholes?). I bet the actual keys show up later.
They could easily just flash of light magic the items into their proper key shapes when Twilight really really needs to open the box or villain of the finale wins.
Doesn't really make sense though. They keys for the box already existed for at least a thousand years, and all these items are far newer.

I'm thinking that if we want to continue this discussion we should make a new thread as to not derail this one, and possibly ask a mod to move these posts to it's own thread.

True self
True self

Bits : 784

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Wubs]/{Black Dragoness}/-Discord-
Form: Baby Pony Changling/Jeweled Black Dragon/Chimera

View user profile http://heroesnetwork.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Star on Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Starlight Eclipse wrote:
I'm thinking that if we want to continue this discussion we should make a new thread as to not derail this one, and possibly ask a mod to move these posts to it's own thread.

And done!

http://hypnoponies.niceboard.com/t3184-spoiler-episode-discussion-the-keys#25221

Bright Star
Admin
Admin

Bits : 2991

Tulpa Sheet
Tulpa Name: [Click] |Princess Téa| {d3rpy} _Icelight_ =CrystalShy= -p1nkiepie- ~App1eJ~ +Disc0rd+ ?B4bs? ^3pony^ \Little Soarin\
Form: [EarthColt] |AlicornPrincess| {FillyPegasus} _CrystalAlicorn_ -CrystalPegasus- -EarthPony- ~EarthPony~ +StainGlassDraconequus+ ?EarthFilly? ^MiniatureEponaPony^ \ColtPegasus\

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum